The Construction Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of multiple, ongoing projects at various stages. Must be proficient in project planning and scheduling, project accounting, purchasing, contracts and commercial construction. Familiar with the procurement of construction services, contract award & buy-out, authoring of RFI’s, AIA industry-standard documents and exhibits and the ability to produce contract documents.
- Responsible for overall direction, completion and financial outcome of projects.
- Reviews jobs with estimator to help the bid process. Review and sign off on estimate prior to proposal completion.
- Creates overall job schedule and issues schedule, work orders and budgets to the office and field.
- Complete buy-out of subcontractors and vendors within budget, prior to start of project.
- Tracks field production to evaluate crew performance and monitor costs.
- Prepares project status reports and works to ensure work adheres to contract specifications.
- Reports and documents changes to each job including: change orders, submittals, change of plan set, changes to work orders due to the change order and any other change to the original contract.
- Responsible for monitoring materials and work completed to issue pay requests for each job before billing due date.
- Minimum 5-10 Years of Project Management experience in commercial construction.
- Experience with all divisions of scopes.
- Strong computer knowledge, including: Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project
- Evaluate, recommend, develop and implement improved construction or service systems, policies, methods and procedures.
- Evaluate the performance and results of the subcontractors’ quality and man power to maintain schedule.
- Train, lead and coach their team as needed to improve productivity.
- Continually improve technical, supervisory, personnel, and customer relations skills.
- All interactions with customers, owners, engineers, etc., whether it is in person or a telephone call, will be conducted with respect and in a professional manner.
- Notify upper management of any issues that cannot be resolved, or deadlines that cannot be met within a reasonable time frame, and before the deadline has arrived.
- Advanced computer skills in the Microsoft Suite Including Microsoft Project
Starting Salary will be based upon experience. $90K - $120K per year
Benefits will include Medical, Dental, Vision, vacation pay, etc after 90 days and a 401K plan after 1 year.